Our new project – How I See You: Creating a Digital Community – has just started!
This time, thanks to support from the Anna Lindh Foundation and the European Union we will explore the power of digital means of expression and sharing stories for bringing together youngsters and educators from the EU and MENA regions. Together with our partners: JORDAN Youth Innovation Forum, Jovesolides España and Jovesolides Egypt we had a very successful kick off meeting, discussing and planning all the upcoming activities! More details on what will happen during the project can be found on our new website:https://www.euromedstories.org
This project brings together activists and young people from European Union and the Middle East and North Africa countries in order to strengthen connections between the inhabitants of these two regions. Through the project we will be providing them with a space in which they can get to know each other, interact, and cooperate using digital means of expression. The main focus of the project is to encourage young people to find similarities and common values while respecting and acknowledging cultural differences existing between them.
- Raising professional capacities of participating organizations and equipping them with effective tools to work with young people in the spirit of respecting cultural diversity
- Increasing young people’s ability to reflect on their cultural identity and to express it to the outside public using digital tools
- Creating virtual space for dialogue and exchange of experiences among young people with different cultural background
- Increasing access to digital-based methodologies for fostering dialogue among stakeholders not directly taking part in the project
- Strengthening cooperation between civil society actors based in the EU and MENA regions
This project is funded by Anna Lindh foundation and done in cooperation with partners organizations from the EU and MENA: Jordan Youth Innovation Forum (Jordan), Jovesolides (Spain), Jovesolides (Egypt).